Lauren Schlenger, MA, ATR-P, Resident in Counseling (VA)
- Education: BA in Psychology and Studio Art from the University of Maryland; MA in Art Therapy from The George Washington University
- Location: CNH, Sheikh Zayed campus
- Joined Tracy’s Kids: as a Scribbling Siblings summer art therapist in 2018; as a full-time art therapist in 2021
- Favorite Artists: Wayne Thiebaud, Vincent Van Gogh, Eric Carle
- Artistic Interests: Photography, watercolors, and experimenting with lots of different art media!
- What I love about this work: I love working with such a diverse range of patients and their families; seeing the joy, comfort, connection, and pride that can come from creating art in the hospital setting; and collaborating with incredible psychosocial and medical teams to support the needs of patients and families.
- A highlight of my work this year: Starting my role at Tracy’s Kids! In addition, while there were so many challenges in 2020, it was an honor to witness the resilience of those I worked with; shifting to telehealth helped me stretch my own creativity, and allowed me to support parents and other clinicians through virtual therapeutic artmaking workshops. I love being able to bring art to others in an accessible way!
- Three words to describe me: Thoughtful, sensitive, dedicated