Kristin Ramsey, MA, ATR, RYT-500
- Education:BS in Architecture at Penn State University; MA in Art Therapy at George Washington University
- Location:After spending several years at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Kristin now works at a local military medical center through our grant to the Henry Jackson Foundation.
- Joined Tracy’s Kids:November 2015
- Favorite Artists:Gustav Klimt, Lee Krasner, Vincent Van Gogh
- Favorite Place:It is truly hard to pick just one. My top three would have to be Rishikesh, India; Karmoy, Norway; and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
- Artistic Interests:Found art, collage, acrylic paint, bookmaking
- Reflection:I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.–Georgia O’Keefe
- My greatest accomplishments:I would have to say that aside from my children, following my heart to switch careers from architecture to art therapy, and being able to join the team of Tracy’s Kids in the process, is absolutely one of my greatest accomplishments. That and hiking in the Himalayas.
- A highlight of my work this year:Completing my 500-hour yoga therapy certification and being able to combine therapeutic yoga with art therapy.