Tracy Councill, MA, ATR-BC
Art Therapist, Program Director, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Location:Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Hospital
- Education:MA, Art Therapy, George Washington University. BFA, Painting and Printmaking,
Virginia Commonwealth University
- Honors:Member of the Board of Directors of the American Art Therapy Association 2008-
2010; American Art Therapy Association Clinician Award 2003.
- Joined Tracy’s Kids:At its inception – 1991
- Places I have traveled to:Cambodia, Thailand, Cyprus, Ireland, Paris, California, Arizona,
Puerto Rico, and Ethiopia.
- Artistic Interests:Painting, block prints and mosaic
- Favorite Artists:Vermeer, Calder, Chagall
- My greatest accomplishment:I was lucky to be able to build the Tracy’s Kids programs from the ground up—there was nothing like it before I came along, so no one could tell me what it should look like. For that reason, the patients and their families have always been my teachers. They have shown me what they need and how to help them. Listening, responding, trying out ideas—a very personal, individualized approach—are at the core of all the Tracy’s Kids programs. It is a privilege to bring the power of the creative process to the work of getting well.
- A highlight of my work this year:Having the opportunity to travel to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as part of an international team working to improve pediatric cancer care in developing countries. I met many wonderful people and I continue to work with them to help bring the beauty and excitement of creative work to the kids at Black Lion Hospital.Medical Art Therapy with Children by Tracy Councill, from Cathy Malchiodi’s Handook of Art Therapy
Writing a paper is a long proccess. You may need the help of an inexpensive custom writing service because this requires extensive research. At http://myessayshelp.org you are sure to get such experts. Our writers are great specialists and ready to your order any time of day or night.